User Experience: Why it is so important and what you should know about it
User Experience reflects the feelings of a person when interacting with a system like a website, mobile application, desktop software, and device interaction. Understanding it is of immense benefit for a product or service. It is an attempt to fulfill the user’s needs. It is the internal response to any direct or indirect contact, uses it, and feelings around a service or product. There are recommendations or criticisms.
Why is UX design important?
- The aim of User Experience is to give a positive experience and enhance loyalty towards a product, service, or brand.
- When it is meaningful, it provides deep knowledge of a customer and defines the journey, which leads to business success.
- Overall, it is important because it defines all aspects of the experience by the user on the landing page, website, product, service, or brand. It is an understanding of the details that work on the person’s mind and has a discipline attached to it.
- It brings an insight into the features and adds a personal touch to make a difference.
- It also reflects the company’s concern and offers something better than the comparison.
- It determines the culture and attitude of the company.
The Role of a UX Designer
- The role of a Designer is on the Logic, Structure, and Functionality of the Elements and to offer the finest interaction.
- It defines user needs and goals.
- Defining user journey, Information architecture, Building wireframes, interactions, and visual design are essential here.
- The focus is on making an effort the best, visually appealing and making it enjoyable.
- The creator has to be sympathetic, clear, thoughtful, and knowledgeable.
- Customer experience covers all aspects such as the quality of customer care, its advertising, packaging, reliability, the richness of features, and ease of use. It is the result of sustained thought and careful decisions.
- It focuses on marketing, features and specifications, and smooth operations. It shows the helpful nature too to offer a superior experience.
- Many companies intend to measure customer satisfaction through data.
- It is narrowing the gap between customers’ expectations and the reality of offerings.
- It happens with the reexamination of initiatives and choices.
- It results from paying attention to customers after monitoring the past patterns, present expectations, and future potential.
Defining a great experience
The experience becomes great when we get close to our users, understand them, and collect their views on the product or service. There is an element of questioning the decisions. It involves paying attention, listening, observing, and questioning. When we identify the problems and issues, we get ideas to solve them.
Methods in the process of enhancing the UX
1. Know the personality of the Users
- Know the audience.
- Develop relevant and relative experiences to the voice and emotions of users.
2. Conduct User interviews
- Meet existing and potential users.
- Gain insight into what is best for them.
- All opinions are subjective, so directly obtain information from the users.
- Study and interact with users.
3. Know the Feature Stories
The user will give a short, simple description, which is important to know.
4. Make a Functionality map
Building a functionality map to make the pages you want to create as rich as possible. There must be a hierarchy of all the page subpages.
The visuals on each page matter just as much as the site structure, so invest time into creating wireframes, which are visual guides that represent the skeletal framework of a product and provide a preview of your product’s look and feel. With a wireframe in place, you can eliminate usability issues before it gets developed. This can save your development time for necessary adjustments down the line.
6. Making a Prototype
- The prototype defines the mockup version of a final product.
- The next step is testing.
7. Usability testing
- Test the ease of use of a product.
- Identify any roadblocks or friction points during the use.
- Make your interactions simple and intuitive.
- Complete their tasks.
- Solve their problems quickly.
With the deep knowledge of all the features in this blog, we realize that customer satisfaction is all about knowing the customer’s thoughts, emotions, and state of mind. Upon considering them deeply and closely, companies can provide fine interaction and achieve their goals.
“A successful company considers customers’ experiences and incorporates their opinions to shape its future”. At ABSYZ, we have an expert UI/UX design team. Make use of their services to establish a memorable user presence.